Gold bullion is the purest and simplest way of owning and investing in physical gold..
1. The US Dollar loses purchasing power every year. Since 1971 the USD has lost 82% of its value while an ounce of gold bullion, when converted to USD, will purchase as much as or more than it would purchase in 1971. Is there any reason to expect anything different in the next 40 years?
2. Gold bullion is recognized as having value in every country in the world and as such can be converted to the paper currency of any country. Ounces of gold bullion really are liquid assets around the globe.
3. Gold bullion cannot be mass produced by any person or organization, including governments, so its value cannot possibly be diluted by an over supply.
4. You cannot convert Gold ETF shares to physical gold bullion. You purchase Gold ETF shares with paper dollars and you sell Gold ETF shares for paper dollars. In short, the only way out of a Gold ETF is via paper money. You are not diversifying away from paper assets when you invest in a Gold ETF nor do you own gold bullion when you invest in a Gold ETF.
5. You, your family and future generations will never be poor if you own gold bullion and pass it on as part of your legacy. All paper assets eventually become worthless or are replaced by other paper assets that eventually become worthless. Among all of the physical assets, none have the long lasting physical durability of gold bullion. Gold bullion is virtually indestructible and does not deteriorate with age. A one ounce gold coin from the Roman empire still weighs one ounce today.