Rosacea is one disease that can be managed at home. Know what's in your Cosmetics before you buy. Things to avoid.
My Women's World is my Company Web Site www.dozierosiepublisher.com it gives me pleasure obtaining and releasing Information and E-books about us. My articles are not technical; my efforts are to make them easy to read so that we can understand more about ourselves, our Bodies and our Minds. They have to react in the modern world. We see life in a different way from the Testosterone driven male counterparts. Many of my associates are drawn by the lure of Cosmetic promises and spend all sorts of money following the artificial improvement advertised. I buy Cosmetics, its part of being a Woman but I strongly believe in the need to understand our Body Clock, understanding our changes, understanding how to deal with ailments is more effective than looking at an advertising campaign and rushing out and buying it without knowing its effects.
For those who have not seen it yet, you can get
"The Menopause Handbook" @ www.dozierosiepublisher.com
Remember you are loved.
Ways on How You Can Manage Rosacea At Home
Rosacea is one disease that can be managed at home. It cannot be cured, mind you, but at least people can do things to avoid flare ups. In fact, some do not even realize they have Rosacea because they avoid their Rosacea triggers without knowing that they are doing it. This is partly because symptoms are highly irregular and there are a host of triggers that can cause the flare ups. Thus, people do not often see the connection immediately. It is important though that once you see the connection, you get help immediately or start to manage the flare ups because the condition has been known to worsen with age especially when it is left untreated for a long time.
Rosacea is more common in women than in men and unlike acne, it often affects people who are older. The good news is, there seems to be no evidence that it is transmitted from person to person. The bad news is doctors still do not know how it appears in the first place. There are a lot of theories but no confirmed cause.
To those who want no more of the flare ups, here are some of the ways that you can manage your Rosacea without going to the doctor all the time.
1. Avoid sunlight
This is the number one trigger of Rosacea flare ups. Sun exposure, hot weather and sunbathing can cause that redness on the skin. So if you plan to go outside, bring sun protection like an umbrella, a hat, even a shawl, sunglasses and sunscreen.
2. Avoid spicy foods
Chili sauce may be your staple for every meal but if you want to control your Rosacea better steer clear of those spices.
3. Be observant of your flare ups
There are foods that can trigger Rosacea break outs. The list of food products is long and to be honest it can be anything on your table. Known triggers are dairy products, some veggies like eggplants, beans and spinach, some fruits like avocados, plums, raisins and other citrus fruits, and some meats. Add to that common staples like coffee and other caffeine loaded products, cheese and even soy sauce and you are covering virtually everything on the menu. Chocolates and alcoholic drinks are also common triggers.
4. Stop smoking
Here is another reason why you should throw away those cigarette packs. You are not only in danger of getting Emphysema and Tuberculosis and other problems including Cancer of the lungs, you can also develop Rosacea.
5. Get treated
If these things do not help you control your break outs, then it is time to go to the expert. Doctors can give you medicines to control flare ups. There are also treatments available that will help you deal permanently with your problem. Topical steroids for instance are often prescribed to Rosacea patients for a few months. This medicine, however, is closely monitored by doctors since it can cause irritation around the mouth, which is a very common side effect.
Effective Skin Care Strategies to Prevent Rosacea
With the growing popularity of different skin care products out there, people who have skin problems such as Rosacea endlessly search for skin care products to relieve them. But then, due to lack of knowledge and information, more and more people are misled to use products and avail of treatments without consulting a dermatologist or a physician resulting to a more devastating situation.
To avoid mistakes in choosing skin care products and treatments, it is very important to have the knowledge about general causes of skin problems”its types, the age of the patient, current status or condition”so you know what are the products appropriate for each kind.
Also, try to prevent the development of the skin condition by developing strategies to keep their skin healthy.
Prevention is the best cure
Aside from skin problems, experts say that aging greatly contributes to unhealthy skin. In fact, some people feel that aging or growing old is like paying for something they haven't consumed. But, if aging”like skin problems”is understood properly, preventive measures can done to avoid seeing aging as a torture or a punishment. The following are just some of the simple skin care strategies that you can practice to your daily life.
1. Watch what you eat. Avoid hot and spicy foods as well as hot foods to avoid further complications. Also, Do everything you can to maintain a healthy weight. Maintaining a healthy weight that corresponds to your height is one of the best ways to avoid developing skin disorders. Keeping a healthy weight can be possible by eat fruits and vegetables, limiting fat and calories intake, and with regular work out and exercise.
2. Shield yourself from the sun's damaging rays. Protecting yourself from the sun's deadly rays is one of the best skin care strategies out there. Since exposure to the sun is one of the major causes of skin disorder, lesser exposure to it can help you reduce the risk factor of skin cancer. To protect your skin further, avoid long sun exposure 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and always apply sun block the skin when you're staying outdoors.
3. Drink plenty of water. Hydrating your skin is also one of the best skin care strategies out there to prevent Rosacea. Make sure that you provide your body enough supply of water and not with fluids that can damage organs in the body and weaken the immune system such as alcohol.
4. Always keep your face and body clean. Rosacea is a skin condition that could be preventable by eliminating the factors that would aggravate the condition such as dirt. After cleaning your face thoroughly, you can also apply the treatment that your doctor has prescribed.
Foods That People Suffering From Rosacea Should Eat
With all the toxicities modern life brings, people should be more careful in watching their skin because they are more prone to disorders such as Rosacea.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by flushed skin as well as reddish and purple blotches that continue to grow over time. If remained untreated, it will continue to result to pigmented skin with big red blotches caused by blotted blood vessels.
It is very common to women and its advance stages are diagnosed when the patient reaches 30 and above. It is said that the causes of this skin condition is yet to be discovered. Experts say that there are so many factors that can trigger this and the severity of the condition depends on the genes and family history of the condition.
Experts say that one of the probable causes of Rosacea is eating foods that may trigger it such as spicy foods, caffeine, alcohol and too much fatty foods. To those who are prone to developing Rosacea, they should consume the following foods on a regular basis:
1. Fruits. Studies show that fruits are perfect for people who want to take good care of their skin. Aside from being an all-natural product, fruits are low in calories, rich in dietary fiber that helps boosts satiety, and satisfies a person's sweet tooth without worrying about weight gain and storing fats which can affect the skin's condition. Containing all the nutrients and vitamins it has, fruits are an ideal for maintaining good skin because it also aids in the prevention of vitamin deficiency, a rich source of dietary fiber and rich in folate. However, citrus fruits should be avoided because these are considered as offenders for Rosacea.
2. Vegetables. Just like fruits, vegetables are also considered perfect foods for the skin. Aside from being low in calorie-content, high in dietary fiber, and full of dietary nutrients that help maintain efficient metabolism, veggies”in various preparations”also make good and appetizing snacks. Aside from being a rich source of important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B-complex micronutrients, vitamins C, E and K that combat vitamin deficiency, vegetables are also excellent sources of the protective plant micronutrient called œphytochemicals. Having vegetables as diet food also lowers the risk of heart disease, cancers, and high blood pressure while protecting the body from having illnesses caused by muscle degeneration.
3. Tofu. This is also good for avoiding Rosacea because it is packed with protein as well as cooling properties which can aid the redness of the skin.
4. Meats. For people with Rosacea, lean chicken/turkey meats, and fish are also ideal food for the skin compared to red meats. This is because these are rich in protein, essential minerals and vitamins, and micronutrients for excellent metabolism and would veer away the storage of fats.
5. Seaweed. This is one of the most suggested foods that people with Rosacea, because it greatly helps in eliminating the dampness. There are many types of edible seaweed available in the market today, many of the leading Chef's in today's modern cooking use seaweed for flavouring.
6. Water. It is always best to drink up lots of water, ideally 10 to 12 glasses a day to ensure that you are well hydrated. This will also help wash out the impurities in the body.
Published by www.dozierosiep